STEEL BUILDINGS NEAR THE GREAT LAKES USA
Great Western is up to the challenge to provide your steel building in the Great Lakes region. Our team has decades of experience designing weathertight structures capable of handling the heaviest lake effect snow.
Three things are superior in the Great Lakes area, The lake, the auto industry, and Great Western Buildings.
If you live there, you know it – the winters are brutal! The icy cold wind screaming across over-sized lakes hits you like a blanket of frozen bullets. The summers are so humid from the amount of water in the area that you feel you might suffocate. Rust is the most noticeable element.
America’s love affair with the automobile traces its roots back to the lower peninsula of Michigan – and a town called Detroit. Duck hunting and other outdoor sports are the culture in Minnesota; from cheese production to athletics, the western lake region is well-known. Because of the short building season, you need a solution you can complete in weeks rather than months, you need a Great Western steel building!
No matter the size of your building, every structure we deliver is guaranteed to have the same high-quality standards – we don’t under deliver the small ones, we don’t over-estimate the large ones.
You might be rebuilding a classic car and need a workshop. Maybe you want an athletic arena in Minnesota. Regardless, whatever you want, it has to withstand the subzero gusts and ice of the Great Lakes region. Why not purchase a pre-engineered, easy to erect, and customizable Illinois Steel Building Kit. The precision engineered kit shortens erection time and helps you avoid issues on site. With a shortened construction season, you need something you can complete in no time!
The engineers at Great Western have an intimate understanding of wind loads, ancillary equipment loads, ice and moisture issues and even the delivery and storage challenges Great Lakes residents might face during the erection process.
- Easy to read and detailed erection guides
- We work with you to find the right roof pitch, wind load, and even color
- We adhere to the most current IBC standards for the entire Great Lakes Region
- Large scale commercial buildings, farming and ranching, and even a backyard workshop – we’ve got you covered – literally.
All standard warranties, including our lifetime workmanship guarantee come with each Great Western building we sell. At Great Western, we understand that a steel building is a big investment, and we require that your building looks good and stays standing for decades – even when there’s an inch of ice on the roof.
- Assortment of color combinations to match your current property structures or surrounding Association codes
- Several finishes to add the aesthetic elements you want – it’s gotta look sharp!
- Any size, any shape, any span, any height; we design the interior rigid frame to handle whatever you need – from a back yard workshop to tinker on a classic car to a large, clear-span warehouse to sit on Chicago’s busy port
- Agriculture, industrial, utilitarian, or recreation, there’s no project we can’t handle
At Great Western, we don't settle. We don't expect our customers to either. That's why our buildings are precision engineered for a lifetime of value.
Mistakes cost money. This is why every connection, every hole, is inspected three times over. By the detailer, the supervisor and finally the engineer.
The GWB Difference
At Great Western, we expect our engineers to take on an active role in every project. Your Great Western is engineered by professional, not a program.