STEEL BUILDINGS ON THE GULF COAST
The Great Western engineering and design team has decades of experience designing for the unique requirements of the Unites States Gulf Coast. 100% Fabricated in the U.S.A.
From the marshy, humid, Louisiana Delta to sandy hurricane target of Talahassee, you need a durable building to handle the gulf coast. The engineers at Great Western have the solution.
The Mississippi Delta is a wonderland of wildlife and soggy land. From southern Texas to the tip of southern Florida, the Gulf Coast has had its share of devastating hurricanes. It’s a historic place, but not always a kind one – weather-wise.
Wind! When it’s a gentle breeze to cool a humid afternoon, it’s welcome. When it comes with a name from the National Weather Service, it’s often the source of anxiety. A traditional brick and mortar building might withstand the tempest, but at what cost? A more affordable solution? A Great Western steel building.
Wind load requirements throughout the Gulf Coast region vary, but, we assure you, they’re high! It takes an experienced team of professionals to engineer a structure that can withstand the unforgiving coastal winds, humidity, rains, and heat. You don’t want a wooden pole barn which will quickly rot in the windy, wet, coastal climate – what you need is a rust proof, wind resistant Louisiana Steel Building Kit. The precision engineered kit shortens erection time and helps you avoid issues on site.
The engineers at Great Western have an intimate understanding of wind loads, foundation requirements, moisture issues and even the delivery and storage challenges South Eastern residents might face during the erection process.
- Any size, any shape, any span, any height; we design the interior rigid frame to handle whatever you need – from your boat house bayou tool shed to a factory sized manufacturing facility in Biloxi
- Assortment of color combinations to match your current property structures or surrounding Association codes
- Several finishes to add the aesthetic elements you want – it’s gotta look sharp!
- Agriculture, industrial, utilitarian, or recreation, there’s no project we can’t handle
All standard warranties, including our lifetime workmanship guarantee come with each Great Western building we sell. At Great Western, we understand that a steel building is a big investment, and we require that your building looks good and stays standing for decades – it’s guaranteed!
- We adhere to the most current IBC standards for the Gulf Coast
- We work with you to find the right roof pitch, wind load, and even color
- Easy to read and detailed erection guides
- Large scale commercial buildings, farming and ranching, and even a backyard workshop – We’ve got you covered.
At Great Western, we don't settle. We don't expect our customers to either. That's why our buildings are precision engineered for a lifetime of value.
Mistakes cost money. This is why every connection, every hole, is inspected three times over. By the detailer, the supervisor and finally the engineer.
The GWB Difference
At Great Western, we expect our engineers to take on an active role in every project. Your Great Western is engineered by professional, not a program.