STEEL BUILDINGS IN NEW ENGLAND
A pre-engineered steel building from Great Western is perfect for the harsh climate of the New England States. The highest quality building at an affordable direct price.
Harsh winters, a beautiful fall – the place where history and the future meet – the city that never sleeps, and the first American colony. It is challenging to build in New England – unless you have a Great Western steel building kit.
There are conditions when building in Maine that you have to consider. For instance, there’s only certain times of the year that a tractor trailer can deliver a building because of asphalt conditions. It’s not something every steel building company knows about. But we do.
The snow loads in Vermont and New Hampshire are higher than in other parts of the country because there’s an assumption that leaves are still packed on roof tops, adding to the weight. Not something every steel building company knows about. But we do.
Pennsylvania requires a higher grade steel than other states, Massachusetts has brutal ice storms which can allow ice pack to build on roof tops over weeks, meaning higher snow loads. New York City will only allow steel buildings of a certain height to go up on their busy dock, and Connecticut is deeply concerned with curbside appeal of any structure. These aren’t things most steel building companies know or even care about – they’ll sell you what they want, not what you need. That’s not Great Western.
The engineers at Great Western have an intimate understanding of wind loads, foundation requirements, moisture issues and even the delivery and storage challenges South Eastern residents might face during the erection process.
- Any size, any shape, any span, any height; we design the interior rigid frame to handle whatever you need – from a Rhode Island boat house to a factory in Pittsburgh
- Assortment of color combinations to match your current property structures or surrounding Association codes
- Several finishes to add the aesthetic elements you want – it’s gotta look sharp!
- Agriculture, industrial, utilitarian, or recreation, there’s no project we can’t handle
All standard warranties, including our lifetime workmanship guarantee come with each Great Western building we sell. At Great Western, we understand that a steel building is a big investment, and we require that your building looks good and stays standing for decades – it’s guaranteed!
- We adhere to the most current IBC standards for the entire New England Region
- We work with you to find the right roof pitch, wind load, and even color
- Easy to read and detailed erection guides
- Large scale commercial buildings, farming and ranching, and even a backyard workshop – We’ve got you covered.
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in Connecticut
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in Maine
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in Massachusetts
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in New Hampshire
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in New York
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in Rhode Island
Buyers Guide to Metal Buildings in Vermont
At Great Western, we don't settle. We don't expect our customers to either. That's why our buildings are precision engineered for a lifetime of value.
Mistakes cost money. This is why every connection, every hole, is inspected three times over. By the detailer, the supervisor and finally the engineer.
The GWB Difference
At Great Western, we expect our engineers to take on an active role in every project. Your Great Western is engineered by professional, not a program.